This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Homemade pancakes are the perfect breakfast when children’s friends are staying for sleepover.
They are not common in Europe, as you cannot easily find the prepared mix.
The ingredients for this recipe are easily available in every European store.
When I make them for young children I use Animal or Transport shapes moulds which a friend brought me from USA.
Pancakes immediately become the best breakfast they ever had.
For teenagers moulds wouldn’t work, speed and quantity is what makes them happy.
American Homemade Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cup flour – type 00 200 optional Pain multi-céréales
- 1 1/4 cup milk 300
- 1 fresh eggs
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 package Baking Powder 1 tsp
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil for griddle (safflower or canola oil)
- Maple Syrup as a substitute use honey
- wild berries
- Blend all the ingredients with an electrical blender.
- Put a heavy based frying pan or an iron griddle over high/medium heat and wait until it is warm before cooking the pancakes
- Pour the oil into a small cup and with the use of a brush grease lightly the pan
- Pour the batter over the hot griddle making pancakes with 10 cm in diameter.
- Once you see bubbles appearing through the batter, turn the pancakes on the other side.
- When the pancakes are done and you removed them from the pan, brush the pan with oil again before pouring more pancakes to cook
- Serve them warm with Maple Syrup and fresh wild berries if you have.