This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chickpeas tuna salad is easy salad to make with ingredients you can store in your pantry for weeks.
This is my backup meal if we need to stock up our pantry in case of emergency.
Even if you don’t have any greens to add, the salad is already a complete meal: vegetables, proteins, carbs and fibres.
Perfect contingency meal when you don’t have anything left in the fridge.
Chickpeas Tuna Salad
- 14 oz tinned chickpeas
- 1 red Onion
- 7 oz tinned tuna in olive oil I prefer the one in a glass container
- 1 hard boiled eggs optional
- lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp original English mustard
- To prepare the vinaigrette mix the olive oil, the juice of half lemon, salt and 1/2 of tsp of English mustard. If you have an empty jar of English mustard use that to mix the dressing with the mustard left in the can
- Cut the onions in slices
- Strain the tuna from its olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a salad bowl plus a boiled egg if you wish.
- Season with vinaigrette and serve