This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
To revive a boring couscous I add pistachios and lemon zest. The pistachios add crunchiness and flavour and are amazing toasted.
I always buy pistachios from Bronte, Sicily. It is situated next to the Etna Volcano, the mix of the lava and the sun gives the pistachios a special flavour.
This recipes is one of the way I use a boiled chicken after I made my chicken stock. You can find more recipes in the article: 4 Quick and Healthy Dinner Ideas: Reviving a Boiled Chicken
Couscous with Roasted Pistachios
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cube of chicken stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 lemon zest optional
- 1/4 cup peeled pistachios
- Season 1 cup of couscous with extra virgin olive oil
- Add 1 cup of boiling water and a cube of chicken stock
- Toast the pistachios in a hot pan over the stove, keeping a close eye as they can burn very quickly.
- Add pistachios and lemon zest into the couscous and mix