Dolce Italia in Saint Paul de Vence: the best organic gelato, Rated #3 best ice-cream in France by TripAdvisor's traveler community and awarded the “Certificate of Excellence”, ".
“Dolce Italia” is one of the hidden gems of Saint Paul de Vence, a fantastic Italian artisanal organic gelato shop located at 13 place de l'Eglise, across the entrance of the Collegiate Church in Saint Paul.
Tourists visiting Saint Paul de Vence would have to reach the top of the village before discovering this exquisite place, but with the heat of the summer, many had already bought their ice-cream at the village entrance, missing out on this delicacy.
Only connaisseurs and TripAdvisor users would have known about the “Heaven in Paradise” and climbed all the way to the top to conquer the sought after reward.
The recipes of Dolce Italia’s high-quality ice-cream and sorbetto have been developed by a two-starred Michelin chef from Turin.
Not only have they chosen the best quality fruits for their flavors, they also breed their own cows for their milk, and only use free range eggs for their organic cream.
The selection of flavors is quite broad.
My favorites are:
- Fat-free dark chocolate sorbet
- Vanilla gelato, the best you have tasted!
- Hazelnuts from Alba, a region renowned for Ferrero Roche and Nutella productions.
- Pistachios coming directly from Bronte, Mount Etna in Sicily, renowned for their unique flavor enhanced by the Etna volcanic lava.
- All fruit sorbets are made with fruits that are in season, to guarantee the best flavor.
- Come September, don't miss the Strawberry-grape sorbet which is a type of grape sold only in Italy. It has a unique strawberry flavor.
Dolce Italia is featured in episode 5 of the video series:
Find all the videos location and their links in the map.
Each Sunday I will publish a video featuring a place to visit, a restaurant and a recipe.
Don't miss it next week.
Sign up to my YouTube Channel: Your Guardian Chef YouTube
You can watch Saint Paul de Vence and Beignet d'Acacia video here below: