- You can use frozen breadcrumbs described in the article:
Grated Parmesan and Breadcrumbs
They don’t need to be defrosted ahead of time.
- You can use frozen mirepoix as described in the article: Mirepoix
They don't need to be defrosted ahead of time.
If you are using the frozen mirepoix you can stir-fry it from frozen, just watch out for the sparkling frying oil!
- For additional storage and freezer recommendations follow the guidelines described in the article:
Once a Month Freezer Meal Prep
For instructions on recipes template see post: Food Madness: Digital & Apps
For measurement conversions see post: How much is a Cup in grams and the most useful cooking conversions
Italian Spaghetti and Meatballs Sauce
This is a complete, easy-to-do meal, and a perfect dinner for those busy days. Just 5 minutes to prepare and the rest is cooking time. Calories per serving 679; Time to prepare 35 minutes; Easy.
Servings: 5 people
Breadcrumbs (can be prepared in advance and stored in the freezer)
- 90 gr breadcrumbs
- 10 gr Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 clove Garlic
- 10 Fresh basil leaves
- 500 gr Freshly minced lean beef
- 2 Fresh eggs
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Original English mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 500 lt Tomato sauce
- 500 gr Spaghetti De Cecco
- In a casserole, stir-fry the diced carrot, onion and celery
- If you are using the frozen mirepoix you can stir-fry it from frozen, just watch out for the sparkling frying oil!
- Add the tomatoes sauce and the beef cube, keeping the heat low
- Prepare or defrost the breadcrumbs (see article above)
- Mix all the meatball ingredients together
- Wet the palm of your hand with warm water. It will help to make smoother meatballs
- Roll the meatball and put them inside the tomato sauce, making sure they are all submerged in the sauce
- Let the meatballs simmer in the tomato sauce for 30 minutes
- In the meantime boil the salted water for the spaghetti and cook them al dente, making sure that both the pasta and the meatballs will finish cooking at the same time
- Once they are ready, mix and serve
Calories 679 calories per serving Fat 21 gr per serving Carbohydrates 80 gr per serving Proteins 42 gr per serving Sugar 11 gr per serving Sodium 1742 mg per serving