This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Italian Spaghetti and Meatballs Sauce is a complete, easy-to-do meal, and a perfect dinner for those busy days.
As I have my ingredients ready in the freezer, it takes me only 5 minutes to prepare and the rest is cooking time.
You can use
You can use frozen mirepoix as described in the article: Mirepoix. They don’t need to be defrosted ahead of time.
If you are using the frozen mirepoix you can stir-fry it from frozen, just watch out for the sparkling frying oil!
For additional storage and freezer recommendations follow the guidelines described in the article: Once a Month Freezer Meal Prep
Italian Spaghetti and Meatballs Sauce
Breadcrumbs (can be prepared in advance and stored in the freezer)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 clove Garlic
- 10 leaves Fresh basil
- 1 lb Freshly minced lean beef
- 2 Fresh eggs
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Original English mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 4 cup Tomato sauce
- 1 lb Spaghetti De Cecco
- In a casserole, stir-fry the diced carrot, onion and celery
- If you are using the frozen mirepoix you can stir-fry it from frozen, just watch out for the sparkling frying oil!
- Add the tomatoes sauce and the beef cube, keeping the heat low
- Prepare or defrost the breadcrumbs (see article above)
- Mix all the meatball ingredients together
- Wet the palm of your hand with warm water. It will help to make smoother meatballs
- Roll the meatball and put them inside the tomato sauce, making sure they are all submerged in the sauce
- Let the meatballs simmer in the tomato sauce for 30 minutes
- In the meantime boil the salted water for the spaghetti and cook them al dente, making sure that both the pasta and the meatballs will finish cooking at the same time
- Once they are ready, mix and serve