If you are vacationing on the French Riviera I would recommend trying at least once a French sandwich, an alternative to the beach kiosk or cafes: a DIY lunch.
A good way is to try local regional products: bread, cheese, ham, fruits, vegetables and detox water.
If you want to found out more on how to buy local produce to make an original French sandwich, read the article 4 Alternatives to the Beach Lunch Kiosk.
A good French baguette can make this lunch exceptionally lusiouse.
You might have added some calories with the bread, the cheese and the onion relish, but you have also eliminated them replacing chips, dessert and sugary drink with radishes, fresh fruit and water.
I would say a much healthier option!
For instructions on recipes template see post: Food Madness: Digital & Apps
For measurement conversions see post: How much is a Cup in grams and the most useful cooking conversions
- 1 fresh good quality baguette
- 70 gr comte cheese
- 70 gr coppa for more information you can check the article "Pork cuts"
- 30 gr pre-washed rocket salad
- 2 tbsp red onion relish optional
- cherry Tomatoes
- Cut the bread in half and fill it with the coppa and the cheese
- Top with rocket, onion relish, if not olive oil and salt
- To accompany the sandwiches I would add some local cherry tomatoes, grapes and radishes.
- If you dip the radishes in salt before you eat them, they are a healthier substitute to chips: crunchy, salty and fat free.
Calories 559 calories per serving
Fat 35 gr per serving
Carbohydrates 26 gr per serving
Proteins 33 gr per serving
Sugar 0 gr per serving
Sodium 1302 mg per serving
Nutritional information is provided for general purpose only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely
Save Save Save Save Save Save Save