This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
If you are vacationing on the French Riviera I would recommend trying at least once a French sandwich, an alternative to the beach kiosk or cafes: a DIY lunch.
A good way is to try local regional products: bread, cheese, ham, fruits, vegetables and detox water.
A good French baguette can make this lunch exceptionally lusiouse.
You might have added some calories with the bread, the cheese and the onion relish, but you have also eliminated them replacing chips, dessert and sugary drink with radishes, fresh fruit and water.
I would say a much healthier option!
Original French Sandwich
- 1 fresh good quality baguette
- 70 gr comte cheese
- 70 gr coppa for more information you can check the article "Pork cuts"
- 30 gr pre-washed rocket salad
- 2 tbsp red onion relish optional
- cherry Tomatoes
- Cut the bread in half and fill it with the coppa and the cheese
- Top with rocket, onion relish, if not olive oil and salt
- To accompany the sandwiches I would add some local cherry tomatoes, grapes and radishes.
- If you dip the radishes in salt before you eat them, they are a healthier substitute to chips: crunchy, salty and fat free.