Pasta a Frittata: Italian Fried Pasta
This is not even a recipe; fried pasta is what Italian do when we have pasta leftover and don t want to cook anything. It is very popular with children. #yourguardianchef #pasta #Italianfood
Prep Time 1 minute
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 6 minutes
Servings 1 people
- 3 oz left over pasta at room temperature My favourite are is leftover spaghetti with green pesto.
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
You can either cook 100 gr of spaghetti, or use leftovers. Even if seasoned it is fine.
Make sure they are at room temperature
Mix them with the egg and the Parmesan
Fry in a pan with butter
When it becomes brown and crunchy (like in the picture) turn it around with the help of the pan cover and slide it back in the pan to cook the other side
Enjoy warm or a t room temperature
Tips and tricks:
- You can boil the pasta and fry it, but you will have better results if the pasta is from the day before and it is completely cold.
- Any type of pasta can be fried, and you can make it crunchy and thin or thick and soft.
- The secret for a crunchy fried pasta is to use the right amount of pasta per egg and the addition of parmesan cheese.
- If you don't want to use the egg, you can still stir fry the pasta by turning it regularly with a wooden spoon.
Calories: 487kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 207mg | Sodium: 394mg | Potassium: 98mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 14.4% | Calcium: 19.1% | Iron: 10.3%