Short pastry is used for many recipes: sweet or savoury pies, tarta tatin, crostate, cookies.I never add sugar and always add a pinch of salt. #yourguardianchef #dough #homemade
Servings 1 pie
Mix all ingredients in the mixer.
Wrap the dough into cling foil and let it rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes so the butter re-solidifies.
It is ready to use for pies or tarts
Tips for making the best pastry
- This is a quantity for a 9 1/2 in - 24 cm baking pan if your pie has a top, double the quantity of the ingredients
- The 2 tbsp of water will make the pastry smoother and the edge even when you roll it
- Keep the pastry cold before you put it in the oven to make a nice crunchy crust
- Make the holes in the bottom so the pastry does not rise when cooking
- Slightly bend the top edges inward when you put the pan with the pastry back in the fridge to make it easier after to fold or seal the pastry with the top cover once it is cold
- Cut the top of a closed pie to let the steam out
- Use a fork to seal and shape the edges
Calories: 1559kcal | Carbohydrates: 143g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 98g | Saturated Fat: 59g | Cholesterol: 407mg | Sodium: 916mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 5g | Vitamin A: 3075IU | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 9.5mg