📋Truffle Gnocchi Sauce
A gnocchi sauce for a special occasion doesn't have to be complicated or expensive. Among my favourite, truffle cream, it makes a meal classy and it does not have to break the bank. #yourguardianchef #gnocchi #truffles #vegan
Servings 6 people
If you want to make your own homemade gnocchi follow the recipe on the blog. If you buy them, make sure they are freshly made.
In a pan pour the truffle sauce, the cream and the butter. Do not turn on the heat.
In a large pan next to it, boil the salted water to cook the gnocchi.
When the water is boiling, gradually put the gnocchi in the boiling water. Depending on the size of the pan you are using, it is best not to put them all at once.
When the gnocchi start floating, remove them with a ladle and put them in the pan over the truffle cream. The heat from the gnocchi will melt the butter and soften the sauce. Stir but very gently.
Continue until all the gnocchi are cooked
Once all the gnocchi are done stir the gnocchi with the sauce to combine. Always stir very gently as the gnocchi from my recipe have no egg and are very soft.
Transfer the gnocchi to a serving dish and bring to the table. They should be eaten immediately while still warm
- For this recipe, you can either use your own homemade gnocchi or buy them freshly made at the store. Not the packadged ones
- You can either serve the gnocchi as a starter or as a side dish for meat or poultry. personally I wouldn't use it as a side for seafood.
- Gradually put the gnocchi in the boiling water. Depending on the size of the pan you are using, it is best not to put them all at once.
- When the gnocchi starts floating, remove them with a ladle and put them in the pan over the truffle cream.
- Always stir the gnocchi very gently.
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 331mg | Potassium: 14mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 530IU | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2.7mg