Homemade lime sorbet, usually served at large banquettes after seafood. It cleanses the palate from the fish and the vodka will help the digestion.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 8 people
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh water
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 tbsp Vodka
Mix all ingredients together.
Place into ice cream machine and make into sorbet.
If you don't have an ice cream machine, place it into the freezer and stir it every 20 minutes until it is frozen.
- Use freshly squeezed lime and filter the juice
- If you are topping with lime zest make sure the limes have not been waxed or treated with chemicals
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving it
- If it is too hard to scoop, dip the ice cream spoon into hot water
- Serve with fresh fruits like berries or peaches
Other types of Citrus Sorbets
You can also replace the lime juice with lemon, orange, grapefruit juice. If using oranges or grapefruit juice the 1 cup of juice should be 2/3 their juice and 1/3 lemon juice, otherwise, it will be too sweet.
Instead of Vodka, you can also use Grand Marnier, Cognac or Calvados.
Calories: 112kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 35mg | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 9.1mg | Calcium: 4mg