📋Red onion relish
The red onion relish is the perfect complement with Burgers, Barbecued Beef, Matured Cheese.
Servings 1 jar
Cut the onions into vertical slices, and fry them at medium heat with butter and olive oil
Once they become translucent lower the heat, add the salt, sugar and balsamic vinegar
Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time.
You can serve it immediately with a warm meal, or at room temperature in a sandwich.
- Use a good balsamic vinegar from Modena, not the commercial one
- Simmer the onions at medium heat to make sure they don't burn
- Turn then regularly
- They will keep for 3 to 4 days
- You can serve them warm or at room temperature but not straight from the fridge
- If you are cooking the onion at very low heat, it may take longer than 20 minutes. Taste them to make sure they are properly cooked and caramelized
Calories: 635kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 48g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 2650mg | Potassium: 517mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 1065IU | Vitamin C: 24.4mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 0.9mg