📋Roasted Chestnuts Recipe
I like to celebrate Autumn with a Roasted Chestnuts Recipe as they have been my Autumn delight since I was young: roasted, boiled, savory and desserts
Servings 4 people
- 14 oz fresh chestnuts preferably Marron
- 1 bag charcoal
Prepare the barbecue
1 bag charcoal
Make an intend in the chestnut shells, the chestnuts will expand when roasted
14 oz fresh chestnuts
Place the chestnuts in the chestnut pan with holes
Cook them on an open fire, barbecue or if you don't have one in a hot oven 420 F - 200C
Turn them around until all sides are cooked
When the chestnuts turn into a dark yellow color and the cut opens up, they are ready
Best to eat them warm, but let them rest for few minutes before trying to open them
- If I don't have a barbecue, I roast it in a very hot oven.
- If you are roasting the chestnuts you need to make a small indent in the shell and halfway to the pulp otherwise, they will explode when they cook.
- You don't need to indent them if you are boiling them.
- The chestnuts should be cooked in a pan with large holes at the bottom.
Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 480mg | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 39.9mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 0.9mg