📋Roasted Chestnuts Recipe
I like to celebrate Autumn with a Roasted Chestnuts Recipe as they have been my Autumn delight since I was young: roasted, boiled, savory and desserts #yourfuargianchef #chestnut
Servings 4 people
- 14 oz fresh chestnuts preferably Marron
- 1 bag charcoal
Make an intend in the chestnuts shell, the chestnuts will expand when roasted
cook them on an open fire, barbecue or hot oven 420 F - 200C
When the chestnuts turn into a dark yellow colour they are ready
Best to eat them warm, but let them rest for few minutes before trying to open them
- If I don't have a barbecue, I roast it in a very hot oven.
- If you are roasting the chestnuts you need to make a small indent in the shell and halfway to the pulp otherwise, they will explode when they cook.
- You don't need to indent them if you are boiling them.
- The chestnuts should be cooked in a pan with large holes at the bottom.
Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 480mg | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 39.9mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 0.9mg