📋Easy Chanterelle Recipe With Potato
Once the chanterelle are clean and cut, they can be served in many ways. Stir-frying is the most versatile. Add to a risotto, mix with pasta or serve as a side dish for beef or pork. Here I serve them with roasted potatoes. #yourguardianchef #mushroom #Italianrecipes #vegan
Servings 6 people
Cut the chanterelle in quarters
Stir-fry 2 garlic cloves in olive oil and remove once golden
Pour the chanterelle and stir from times to times
they will reduce in size
At the end add salt, pepper and parsley
Baked the potatoes
Peel the potatoes
Cut them in small cubes
Put in a baking tin with olive oil, salt, pepper, bay leave and garlic
Bake in a hot oven at 220 C - 430 F for 30 minutes.
Remove and stir the potatoes, scraping the pan if they stuck to it.
Put back in the oven for another 15 minutes
Stir again the potatoes, scraping the pan with the spatula.
Baked for another 15 minutes, or until they are cooked as your like
Add the mushroom and put back in the oven to warm them up
Serve immediately on a serving dish
- The wild mushroom chanterelle season starts late August in the Mediterranean forests, and there are many easy chanterelle recipes to enjoy their earthy flavour.
- You will have to find their secret whereabouts and go with an expert who can distinguish the edible mushrooms from the poison ones.
- If by chance you find some wild mushrooms and you are not sure if they are edible, I would recommend stopping at a local pharmacy as they are qualified to recognize them.
- Wild mushrooms shouldn’t be washed under running water as they absorb water like a sponge and it will dilute their flavour. Since most of the time not all the dirt will come out from just brushing them, I usually rinse them quickly at the end.
- You can make this recipe with any other mushrooms, wild as well as farmed. If you cannot find fresh wild mushrooms you can use the frozen ones but make sure you cook them thoroughly so they do not release more water once added to the potatoes.
Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 999mg | Potassium: 1272mg | Fiber: 7g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 33.8mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 9.9mg