Yorkshire Puddings also called popovers are crepes cooked in a hot oven and pop up with the intense heat. They are served with meat with gravy poured over.
Servings 12 puddings
Mix the flour, the eggs, the milk and the salt.
1 cup flour, 2 fresh eggs, 1 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 tsp salt
Let the mixture rests for a minimum of 30 minutes before using it. Even better if it rests overnight.
Using a muffin pan, pour 1 tbsp of light vegetable oil (soya or seeds oil) into each muffin cup.
12 tbsp vegetable oil
Place it in a hot oven at 430 F - 220 C until the pan and the oil are extremely hot.
Once the oil is piping hot, pour the mix into the cups and straight into the oven.
Cook them for 20 minutes and watch it rise.
Serve them hot with your Sunday roast pouring the gravy over the Yorkshire Pudding
- It is important that the mixture rests for a minimum of 30 minutes before using it. Even better if it rests overnight.
- Best to use suet, if not use vegetables oil as it has to resist to very high temperature
- I always put a large oven pan under it in case of the oil spills over. It is too difficult to clean afterwards.
- Brush the pan with the oil also on the top
- Make sure the oil is piping hot before you pour in the mix
- You have to use a metal muffins pot, it cannot be replaced with a silicon one.
Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 118mg | Potassium: 54mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 80IU | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 0.6mg