📋Baked Breaded Chicken Breast
This baked breaded chicken recipe is the healthier version of the fried chicken nuggets. The breadcrumbs are mixed with Parmesan, garlic and basil to give them a nice flavour. You will happily replace them with the fried ones.
Servings 4 people
Cooking the potatoes
Pierce the potatoes. cover them with a paper towel and put them in the microwave for 15 to 20 minutes depending on their size
Once they are cold cut them in quarters and season with salt, garlic powder and olive oil and lay them on a baking tray with parchment paper
Put them in a hot oven at 355 F - 180 C to crisp 20 minutes before serving
Cooking the chicken
Prepare the breadcrumbs by mixing them with the parmesan, the garlic clove and the basil. For more instruction see the Breadcrumbs post mentioned above
Cut the chicken breasts into slices and season with salt, pepper and olive oil. Once they are well seasoned the oil will help the breadcrumbs to stick into the chicken.
Coat the chicken in the breadcrumbs.
Lay them over parchment paper in an oven tin
Cook 5 minutes on each side at 355 F - 180 C, till the edge of the chicken become white, then turn.
- I always use Italian seasoned breadcrumbs in many of my recipes, that is why I usually prepare a large amount and keep it in the freezer. They don’t need to be defrosted ahead of time.
- It is best if the breadcrumbs rest overnight to absorbs all the flavours.
- You can also roast them in a heavy roasting pan, preferably cast-iron. You do not need to add oil to the pan as the breadcrumbs will prevent the chicken from sticking.
- You can also use chicken thighs, beef cutlets, or pork. Always use thin slices, no thicker than 1/4 inches - 5 millimeters. They need to cook thoroughly in a short time otherwise the breadcrumbs will burn and the meat will remain raw.
- You can also try a vegan version of this Palermitana cutlet using eggplants, cauliflower, mushrooms (porcini are the best), or zucchini.
Calories: 572kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 498mg | Potassium: 106mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 154IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 176mg | Iron: 3mg