📋 Focaccia Pizza
Focaccia Pizza is a soft thick Pizza with tomatoes, mozzarella, the basil and ham are encapsulated inside the dough. A great mix of flavour in every bite.
Servings 1 loaf
Pizza dough wet ingredients
Pizza dough dry ingredients
Making the dough in the bread machine
Mix all the wet ingredients together
Mix all the dry ingredients together
Load the ingredients into the machine, wet ingredients first, dry ingredients last
Set the program for fresh dough (number 10 in the Kenwood). The dough will be ready in 1.5 hours.
Preparing the focaccia for baking
Cover a 26X35 cm pan with baking paper, and coat the base and the side with plenty of olive oil.
Once the dough is ready put it in the centre of the pan and stretch it downwards using your fingers, it is very soft.
Fill the top of the dough with 60 gr of fresh tomatoes sauce, grated mozzarella, 120gr of shredded ham, and drizzle with olive oil.
With your fingers, press down the ingredients inside the dough so that when it rises the ingredients will be trapped inside the dough, making it moister and locking in the flavour throughout the pizza.
The pizza needs to rest for 30 minutes to levitate.
Baking the pizza
Once it rises, cook it in a hot oven at 355 F - 180 C for 30 minutes.
When ready, let it rest for 10 minutes on a cutting board
Once cold cut it into squares and serve
- The ingredients should be placed in the bread machine in the exact order as listed above, liquids first.
- When you melt the butter, wait until it cools down before adding the eggs otherwise the egg will slightly cook
- As 5 cups of flour is a large quantity, if you don't remove the dough from the machine right after it is ready, it will keep rising and might overflow outside the bread machine basket.
- You can choose different fillings ingredients, see more ideas above.
- The olive oil added on top will make the pizza nicely moist and juicy.
- Once cooked, let it cool down for 10 minutes before cutting it and moving it to a serving plate. If you move it too early the slices will break.
- It can be served warm as well as at room temperature
Calories: 4810kcal | Carbohydrates: 511g | Protein: 134g | Fat: 245g | Saturated Fat: 124g | Cholesterol: 884mg | Sodium: 7078mg | Potassium: 1523mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 6575IU | Vitamin C: 4.3mg | Calcium: 1343mg | Iron: 32.5mg