This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pizza Campofranco is a soft thick Pizza where the cherry tomatoes, the mozzarella and the basil are encapsulated inside the dough. A great mix of flavour in every bites.
It is an easy to make for kids party. It will take only 20 minutes of your time, if you have a bread machine.
If you don’t have a bread machine see: How to make brioche, or bread rolls’ dough without a bread machine
You can use different fillings, for examples:
1. White Focaccia: olives, salt and olive oil.
2. Cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and olive oil
You can prepare the dough in the bread machine or use the following directions:
Pour the ingredients into the machine and set the program for fresh dough, number 13 on the bread machine Kenwood .
NB: when using the bread machine the ingredients should be placed in the exact order as listed above, liquids first.
- 1 1/8 cup milk or 1 cup of water + 3 tbsp of dry milk
- 2 fresh eggs
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 5 cup flour
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 pkg yeast I prefer Active dry
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded Ham Allumettes de Jambon
- 3 tbsl olive oil
- Load the ingredients into the machine and set the program for fresh dough (number 10 in the Kenwood). The dough will be ready in 1.5 hours.IMPORTANT: the ingredients should be placed in the bread machine in the exact order as listed above, liquids first.
- As this is a large quantity, if you don't remove the dough from the machine right after it is ready, it will keep rising and might overflow outside the basket.
- Before you take out the dough from the bread machine basket, make sure you have sprinkled the surfaced of the board with plenty of flour. The dough will be sticky so you need to coat it with flour immediately to stop it from sticking to your hands.
- Cover a 26X35 cm pan with baking paper, and coat the base and the side with plenty of olive oil. Put the dough in the center of the pan and stretch it downwards using your fingers, it is very soft.
- Fill the top of the dough with 60 gr of fresh tomatoes sauce, grated mozzarella, 120gr of shredded ham, and drizzle with olive oil. You can also choose different ingredients, see more ideas above.
- With your fingers, press down the ingredients inside the dough so that when it rises the ingredients will be trapped inside the dough, making it moister and locking in the flavour throughout the pizza. The pizza needs to rest for 30 minutes to levitate.
- Once it rises, cook it in a hot oven at 180 C for 30 minutes. When ready, let it rest for 10 minutes on a cutting board and when cold cut it into stripes.
- to serve cut it in square