Yourguardianchef.com Privacy Protection Policy
Laura Giunta Tobin ("I") am committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the GDPR and Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is me.
INFORMATION I MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
I may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give me. You may give me information about you by filling in forms on my site yourguardianchef.com (my site) or by corresponding with me by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use my site, subscribe to my service, search for a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on my site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with my site. The information you give me may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Information I collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to my site I may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from my site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any email used to contact my customer service.
- Information I receive from other sources. I may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites I operate or the other services I provide. In this case I will have informed you when I collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. I am also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
I use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to me. I will use this information:
- to carry out my obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and me and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from me;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services I offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to my service;
- to ensure that content from my site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information I collect about you. I will use this information:
- to administer my site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve my site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of my service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of my efforts to keep my site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising I serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of my site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information I receive from other sources. I may combine this information with information you give to us and information I collect about you. I may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information I receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
I may share your personal information with any member of my group.
I may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract I enter into with you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. I do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to my advertisers, but I may provide them with aggregate information about my users (for example, I may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). I may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in Nice). I may make use of the personal data I have collected from you to enable me to comply with my advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist me in the improvement and optimisation of my site.
I may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that I sell or buy any business or assets, in which case I may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Yourguardianchef.com is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE I STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to me is stored on a secure server. Where I have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of my site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. I ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to my site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your information, I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Here is the list of the third party I use to collect data or cookies. I have verified these apps/plugins as GDPR compliant (to the best of your knowledge):
- Google analytic
- Amazon affiliate links
You have the right to ask me not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. I will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if I intend to use your data for such purposes or if I intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting me at email@example.com .
My site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of my partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that I do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of € 15 to meet me costs in providing you with details of the information I hold about you.