If you love stuffing but you do not want to make a large quantity, these sausagemeat and chestnut stuffing rolls are the solutions.
The crunchy bacon covers a soft sausage stuffing sweeten by the chestnuts contrasted by the tangy cranberries.
Perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas to serve with the turkey or the roast.
I usually make a large quantity and freeze them in a pack of 4.
I defrost only what I need, the rest will come in handy another day.
For instructions on recipes template see post: Food Madness: Digital & Apps
For measurement conversions see post: How much is a Cup in grams and the most useful cooking conversions
Sausagemeat and Chestnut Stuffing Wrapped in Bacon
- 350 gr freshly minced lean beef
- 350 gr minced pork
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 1 onion diced
- 100 gr bread
- 1 cup milk
- 100 gr cooked and peeled chestnuts
- 70 gr cranberries
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cognac
- 2 tsp salt
- 600 gr sliced bacon (about 21 slices to use for wrapping)
- Steep the bread into milk for 30 minutes until the milk is absorbed.
- Mix the ingredients for the filling with the bread
- Wrap a ball of filling in each bacon strip
- Either wrap in parcels to freeze, or let them rest overnight so the flavours have time to amalgamate. B
- Lay the rolls over a baking tin
- bake at 180 C for 30 minutes.
- Serve with your roast or a risotto
Fat 20 gr per serving
Carbohydrates 19 gr per serving
Cholesterol 72 mg
Proteins 26 gr per serving
Sugar 6 gr per serving
Sodium 844 mg per serving