This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This artichoke recipe is perfect for dinner parties as it can be prepared in advance and just put in the oven 30 minutes before serving.
I came across this recipe on the FOOD52 community, and it was love at first sight. The creator of this recipe is Mindy Arbo and I would like to thank her for posting this incredible recipe.
I love every single ingredient in it, so I decided to give it a try with my fresh artichokes.
A great success.
Cleaning artichokes is not an easy task, and the original recipe is with frozen artichokes, so you can use those if you want to save time.
But if you want to try with fresh ones ( you won’t regret it) and you don’t know how to clean them, here is a video on how.
Warm Artichoke, Parmesan Garlic Spread
- 5 fresh artichokes or 7 oz – 200 gr of frozen artichockes
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated feel free to add more if you wish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice Only if using frozen artichokes
- extra parmesan for topping
- salt & pepper
- 1 loaf Rustic Walnut bread or traditional Baguette
- If you are using frozen artichokes cook them in a microwave for 3 minutes
- If you are using fresh artichokes, clean them as shown in the video, and boil them for 20 minutes.
- Butter 4 small pots
- In a food processor blend the cooked artichokes, garlic, mayo, Parmesan.
- Add the lemon if you are using frozen artichokes.
- Pour the spread into the 4 pots
- Top with some extra parmesan
- Cook in the oven at 180 C for 35 minutes.
- Serve hot with 2 slices of rustic bread