This apricot jam cake with marshmallow frosting is a perfect cake to serve with coffee or tea.
It is from a little cake book I bought in London in 1994 while browsing in Notting hill after my admission interview for London Business School.
Every time I bake a cake from this book it reminds me of the feeling of that adventure.
I must have made at least 10 of them, but I always interchange some of the ingredients to suit our taste.
They have all been delightfully good.
This one is no exception:
For instructions on recipes template see post: Food Madness: Digital & Apps
For measurement conversions see post: How much is a Cup in grams and the most useful cooking conversions
This cake is from a little cake book I bought in London in 1994 while browsing in Notting hill. It is perfect for an afternoon tea.
- Cream the butter with sugar and lemon zest
Add the egg yolks
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and add to the mix alternating with the milk
- Pour the mix into a baking pan that has been buttered and dusted with flour
- Drizzle with warm apricot jam
- Cook at 180 C for 20 minutes
- Whip the egg whites along with the sugar and spread on top of the cooked cake
- Sprinkle with the pistachios and put back in the oven for another 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let the cake cool down for 10 minutes then place on a stand to cool down completely
- Serve with coffee or tea
Calories 246 calories per serving
Fat 12 gr per serving
Carbohydrates 32 gr per serving
Proteins 6 gr per serving
Sugar 19 gr per serving
Sodium 75 mg per serving
Nutritional information is provided for general purpose only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely
PIN FOR LATER: