Tapenade is an olive paste usually served over some crostini bread or bruschette. It is a mix of black olives, anchovies, garlic, capers, thyme, lemon juice and extra-virgin olive oil.
This is the traditional recipe from Provence, but ingredients and flavors are added or changed all the times.
This recipe has a perfect balance of flavor, and you can add more extra-virgin olive oil if you want a smoother paste.
You can buy prepared Tapenade in a jar, but if you make it fresh you will taste the difference.
You can use green olives or add sun-dried tomatoes.
It is a perfect summer appetizer but there are many other ways you can serve it:
- season a pasta,
- as a spread for a sandwich,
- to flavor and marinate meat.
This recipe was published in a video proposing 2 Appetizers and you can find the video below.
These are the appetizers featured:
- Socca Farinata
Also on the table but not on the video Neapolitan Fried Pizza.
Black Olives Tapenade Recipe
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- 4 anchovies fillets
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp capers
- 3 springs thyme
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- If you bought the olives and did not read the label, like me, pit the olives
- Remove the green sprout in the center of the garlic clove
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and mix
- Add more oil if you want to have a smoother paste
Fat 84 gr per serving
Carbohydrates 41 gr per serving
Proteins 10 gr per serving
Sugar 6 gr per serving
Sodium 8447 mg per serving