This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This homemade hummus is my ‘magical fix’ when guests show up unexpectedly.
I always have a can of chickpeas in the cupboard, some garlic and lemon.
I mix all the ingredients together in a blender and within seconds the humus dip is made.
I also keep a supply of baguette in the freezer for such occasions, however it is best to serve it with toasted pita bread, or as a bruschetta topping.
To make this recipe you only need a blender and I use Multi Braun and this is my review. (affiliate link below)
Easiest homemade hummus
- 17 oz canned chickpeas
- 2 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic
- virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- sesame seeds or parsley for decoration
- Put the chickpeas with 2 spoons of their juice into a blender
- Do not throw away the remaining juice
- Add only 1 garlic clove, salt and the lemon juice.
- Mix until it becomes creamy and taste the flavour.
- Add more garlic or lemon juice to your taste
- If necessary you can add more of their juice to make it creamier
- Before serving, pour some virgin olive oil and sesame seeds or parsley on top to decorate