This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy to make, the stuffed round courgettes are a balanced meal for a healthy family dinner.
Even the children will happily eat their veg here.
You can use the frozen breadcrumbs described in the article: Grated Parmesan and Breadcrumbs. They don’t need to be defrosted ahead of time.
For additional storage and freezer recommendations follow the guidelines described in the article: Once a Month Freezer Meal Prep
To mix my ingredients I use a Braun MultiQuick 3 Hand
It is small, compact, quick & easy to use compared to the bigger blenders.
The components can be washed in the dishwasher and you can prepare several ingredients at the same time (there are several cups included). (affiliate link).
You Can find more of my favorite kitchen utensils here
Stuffed Round Courgettes
Breadcrumbs (can be prepared in advance and stored in the freezer)
- 1/2 cup Bread crumbs
- 10 leaves Fresh basil
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove Fresh garlic
Minced Meat Mix
- 1 lb Freshly minced lean beef
- 2 Fresh eggs
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Original English mustard
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 8 Round courgettes
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- To prepare the breadcrumbs see article above: Grated Parmesan and Breadcrumbs
- Cut the top off the courgettes.
- With a spoon or a round vegetable scoop, dig the center of the courgettes. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Put the center of the courgettes in a Braun Blender and mix with 4 tbsp of the breadcrumbs.
- Oil the base of a baking dish. Dice the top of the courgettes, mix them with 3 tbsp of the zucchini center and breadcrumb mix, then lay them in the baking dish, making a sort of base to assemble the courgettes on.
For the meat filling
- Mix all of the remaining ingredients together with the minced beef.
- Fill the courgette with the mix and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook in the oven at 200°C for 40 minutes