This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
If I don’t have wraps at home I make grilled homemade Indian bread, a perfect substitute and actually a better option.
It has no fat, it is nice and warm and it is quickly done!
I like to serve it with a salad on top, chicken Ceaser salad is my favorite.
If you like the lemon juices in the photo you can find it on my affiliate Amazon link
Homemade Indian Bread
- Combine the flour and the water adding the water gradually until the dough reaches a consistency similar to the pasta dough.
- Mix for 8 minutes until the dough is homogenous and elastic.
- Cover with flour and a wet towel and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 6 small balls.
- One by one, roll them flat in a floured surface and stretch them by slapping them with your hand back and forth until . .
- they reach 18 cm of diameter.
- Heat up a heavy cast iron pan and grill (no fat) the flat bread quickly turning it on the other side before it burns.
- I like to serve it as a wrap for chicken Caesar salad