This traditional lasagna bolognese sauce and bechamel is easy to make as I use different shortcuts.
I made the Bolognese sauce with a pressure cooker or made a large batch and freeze it.
You can find ready-made Béchamel sauce in all supermarkets in Italy and France, and the lasagne pasta sheets from De Cecco or Barilla or fresh from Rana.
They don’t need to be pre-cooked.
They can be cooked directly in the oven in only 20 minutes.
The ingredients you need are:
500 gr Lasagna pasta sheets - I normally use De Cecco
700 gr of homemade Bolognese sauce
100 gr of parmesan cheese grated
33 cl of fresh Béchamel sauce
30 ml of olive oil
400 gr of Mozzarella
Fresh basil if you like
I begin by oiling a baking tray and spread the first layer of lasagne sheets.
Add the Béchamel sauce and the parmesan cheese to the Bolognese sauce.
Cut the mozzarella into thin slices.
To make the Bolognese sauce I use the pressure cooker and you can find my product review here
Pour the sauce and lay the mozzarella over the sheets and start making the lasagne layers.
Continue until the last sheets are used.
In the last layer just add the mozzarella and sprinkle with olive oil.
Cook in a hot oven for 20 minutes at 180 C and presto, the lasagna is ready!
I usually make the lasagna when I know I will be home late.
I always prepare it beforehand:
- I either leave it in the fridge and cook it when I return home, or;
- I cook it for 15 minutes only, and cook the remaining 5 minutes when we are all ready to eat.
For instructions on recipes template see post: Food Madness: Digital & Apps
For measurement conversions see post: How much is a Cup in grams and the most useful cooking conversions
Traditional Lasagna Bolognese Sauce and Bechamel
- 700 gr bolognese sauce see recipes for Bolognese
- 500 gr lasagna sheets De Cecco
- 100 gr parmesan cheese grated
- 33 dl fresh Bechamel Sauce
- 30 ml olive oil
- 400 gr mozzarella cucina
- 20 gr fresh basil leaves
- Oil a baking tray and spread the first layer of lasagna sheets.
- Add the Béchamel sauce, the basil leaves and the parmesan cheese to the Bolognese sauce. Cut the mozzarella into thin slices.
- Pour the sauce and lay the mozzarella over the sheets and start making the lasagna layers. Continue until the last sheets are used.
- In the last layer just add the mozzarella and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Cook in a hot oven for 20 minutes at 180 C and presto, the lasagna is ready!