This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Tuna Meat Loaf is one of my backup recipe as it can be made ahead of time and is served cold.
If you know you will be home late, it is nice to know something is in the fridge ready to be served.
I always have a reserve of the ingredients, canned tuna, eggs and seasoned breadcrumbs in the freezer.
So if I don t have time to go to the supermarket, this Tuna Meat Loaf is an option I can prepare.
You can read more about my freezer supply in the article: What food do you freeze?
📋 Tuna Loaf
- Strain the tuna from its olive oil
- Mix the tuna, the breadcrumbs and eggs
- Place the mix into a aluminium foil
- Roll it like a salami and tie the ends
- I usually use the pressure pan steamer. You can use any other steamer or just boil it in water
- Steam for 20 minutes in the pressure pan or boil at low temperature in water for 1 hour.
- Once cooked, unwrap it and let it cool down completely.
- Once cold cut it into slices and lay them on a serving dish.
- Decorate with mayonnaise and any other garnish you have. Cover with a cling wrap, store in the fridge and it is ready to be served.