This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Acacia fritters recipe is perfect for celebrating mother’s day, the edible acacia flowers blossom right at the beginning of May. Just in time for the celebration.
The beignet d’Acacia is a typical recipe from the French Riviera where the Acacia tree are aboundant.
The flowers have a sweet scent similar to orange flowers.
We have an acacia tree growing at the edge of our garden, but I wouldn’t consider us lucky.
In fact, Acacia trees are very invasive and spread all over the garden.
Its branches have needles, so be careful when you remove the flowers.
Beignet D’Acacia: Acacia Fritters Recipe
- 20 bunches flowers
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup beer can substitute with milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- oil for deep frying
- Swift flour and baking powder
- Gradually add the milk and the beer ( you can substitute the beer with milk)
- Add the egg and the orange flower water
- Dip the flowers in the batter
- Fry them in hot oil
- Lay the Acacia flower fritters over a kitchen paper to absorb the extra oil
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve warm