Here is the Crystallized Violets Recipe perfect for a Spring project with children.
In the French Riviera, Spring is announced in March when violets start blossoming all around the gardens.
If you don’t use any chemical treatment in your garden, have your own Violets Festival.
For instructions on recipes template see post: Food Madness: Digital & Apps
For measurement conversions see post: How much is a Cup in grams and the most useful cooking conversions
Homemade Crystallized Violets
- 50 gr violets
- 1 egg white
- castor sugar
- Pick the flowers with long stems so you can hold them without damaging them.
- Prepare a bowl full of fresh water and rinse the flowers one by one.
- Place them on a cloth to dry, not under the direct sun, but on the kitchen counter.
- Slightly whisk the egg white and with a brush spread it inside and outside the flower.
- Lay them on a parchment paper, remove the stems.
- Sprinkle the flowers with castor sugar and let them dry out in a warm and dark place for a couple of days.
- Once dried store them in an air tight container covering them with sugar.