For instructions on recipes template see post: Food Madness: Digital & Apps
For measurement conversions see post: How much is a Cup in grams and the most useful cooking conversions
- 300 ml béchamel
- 300 gr short pastry (from recipe above)
- 2 leeks
- 300 gr mushroom
- 1 boiled chicken
- 30 gr butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon zest
- Make a shot pastry as from the recipe above and keep it in the fridge
Make a Béchamel sauce
Debone the chicken
- Gently stir fry 2 leeks that have been washed and diced, using 25 gr of butter and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Once the leeks are cooked add the peas and cook for 3 minutes
Then add the chicken,300 gr of mushrooms halved. Add salt and pepper and cook for few minutes
To finish add the béchamel sauce, ½ lemon zest. Stir till it is all well combined and let it cool.
- Butter a baking pan and cover the base with parchment paper, making sure the entire surface is well buttered.
- Take the short pastry out of the fridge and keep 1/3 aside to make the top of the pie.
- Roll flat the remaining 2/3 of the pastry.
- Cover the pan with the pastry making sure the sides are all covered and pierce it everywhere with a fork.
- If the pastry becomes too soft put it back in the fridge to cool for another 30 minutes.
- Pour the chicken mix in the pastry, cover with the remaining 1/3 of the dough and seal the edges with your fingers.
- Make a hole in the centre so that the steam can escape and, if you have some pastry leftover, you can make some additional decoration on top.
- Cook in a hot oven at 180 C for 30 minutes.
Calories 405 calories per serving Fat 29 gr per serving Carbohydrates 34 gr per serving Cholesterol 180 mg Proteins 27 gr per serving Sugar 6 gr per serving Sodium 698 mg per serving