This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This healthy cod recipe is a classic here in Italy, the cod cooks in the oven for 20 minutes over a thin layer of potatoes and onions.
It is very easy to make and it is perfect for the Summer as it cooks quickly in the oven.
You can use either cod or haddock, both chunky flaky fish that can be baked in 20 minutes.
It is a light healthy dinner and here I serve it with a healthy baked ratatouille.
If you are either on a diet or have friends over, this dinner is both healthy and fancy.
The secret for this recipe is the size of the thin layer of potatoes where the fish is laid.
The potatoes are cut very thinly, they absorb the juices from the fish and steam cook with it.
While they remain soft and creamy in the centre they make a nice crust in the edges.
The onion adds to the flavour and everything is cooked at perfection in just 20 minutes.
I love to eat fish in the Summer, you can make so many light and healthy recipes.
Below you will find some more ideas of easy healthy fish recipes for a quick dinner or for entertaining.
As a matter of interest, I always cut my fish over a dedicated fish board as it is more hygienic.
I use an Index Chopping Board Set you can find on Amazon (affiliate link)
Each board is colour coded and has a symbol indicating its use e.g. meat (red), fish (blue), vegetables (green), and cooked food (white).
Here are more of my favourite kitchen tools
Produkte von Amazon.de‹ ›
Healthy Cod Recipe
- 1 filet halibut or cod
- 2 small potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Use a small baking tin about the same dimension as the halibut filet, lightly grease with olive oil
- Peel the potatoes and the onion and slice them very thin with a slicer
- Cover the base of the baking tin with a layer of potatoes and onion seasoned with salt and pepper
- Season the halibut filet with salt and pepper on both sides and lay it on top of the potatoes
- Pour 1 more tbsp of olive oil on top
- Cook in a hot oven for 20 minutes at 180 C 350 F