This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Meatballs with Vegetables and Couscous is a balanced meal so tasty even the children will enjoy the vegetables.
The broth and the vegetables moisten the meatballs creating a perfect balance of texture, flavour and juices.
You can use frozen breadcrumbs described in the article:
Grated Parmesan and Breadcrumbs.They don’t need to be defrosted ahead of time.
You can use frozen brown stock described in the article:
Homemade Brown Stocks
It can be defrosted in the Microwave just before use.
Meatballs with Vegetables and Couscous
Breadcrumbs (can be prepared in advance and stored in the freezer)
- 1 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 clove garlic
- 10 leaves fresh basil leaves
- 1 lb freshly minced lean beef
- 2 fresh eggs
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tps english mustard
- oil for frying
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cube chicken stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 heads broccoli
- 2 large carrots
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 cup bown stock
- To prepare the breadcrumbs see article above: Grated Parmesan and Breadcrumbs
- Mix the breadcrumbs with all the ingredients for the meatballs mix
- Wet the palm of your hand with warm water. It will help you make smoother meatballs.
- Roll the meatballs and fry them in hot oil.
- Pour 1 cup of couscous into a large bowl and season it well with the olive oil.
- Dissolve the chicken stock cube completely in 1 cup of boiling water
- Add the stock to the couscous
- Stirring with a fork every once in a while to make sure the grains do not clump. Let it rest for 15 minutes
- Wash and cut the vegetables into large chunks
- Put them in a pan with the brown stock and bring to a boil
- Boil for 10 to 15 minutes until the vegetables are cooked
- Add salt and pepper if needed
- Serve the meatballs on top of the vegetables and couscous