This Pasta Caprese salad is a quick, fresh, light and delicious lunch you can make in minutes.
The name already reveals the ingredients: fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil all season with an Italian extra virgin olive oil.
If you have the real mozzarella and tomatoes from Naples, you don t need to add anything else.
You can add balsamic vinegar at your peril, but if you do, don't call it Caprese because Balsamic Vinegar is not an ingredient originally from Capri.
For me, mozzarella and balsamic vinegar do not belong together.
For instructions on recipes template see post: Food Madness: Digital & Apps
For measurement conversions see post: How much is a Cup in grams and the most useful cooking conversions
This Pasta Caprese salad is a quick, fresh, light and delicious lunch you can make in minutes: fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, basil and extra virgin olive oil. You can add balsamic vinegar at your peril, but if you do, don't call it Caprese because Balsamic Vinegar is not an ingredient originally from Capri.
- 500 gr Penne Rigate or other types of short pasta (gnocchi shown in the picture)
- 250 gr Fresh mozzarella
- 2 Large tomatoes
- 20 ml Olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp Salt for salad
- 1 tbsp Coarse salt for cooking the pasta
- 5 Fresh basil leaves
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil, and add the penne. If you want the pasta "al dente" cook it for 1 minute less than indicated on the pasta box.
- In the meantime cut the tomatoes, mozzarella and the basil leaves in a large bowl. Add salt and extra virgin olive oil for seasoning. Stir them all together.
- Once the pasta is ready drain it, add it to the tomatoes and mozzarella salad immediately and stir well. The mozzarella will slightly melt with the heat from the pasta.