This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This trout recipe is very easy to make, I used to make it quite frequently when I wanted something light and delicious to eat.
It was by chance that I cooked it for Robert one day in Milan, and that was it! I had him hooked, we have been married for 19 years.
That is why this trout dish is our favourite St Valentine’s meal.
I love those Lemon squeezers in an attractive box (2 per box) for squeezing lemon juice without getting juice on your hands, squirts in the eye or on your clothes, or pips on your food. (affiliate link).
You can find them on
If you want to find out more about my favourite kitchen tools, you can find more on : other useful items
Trout in a parcel with lemon and parsley served with basmati rice
- Cut a parchment sheet large enough to wrap the trout and lay it on 3 slices of freshly cut lemon.
- Season the trout with salt and pepper.
- Lay the trout on top of the lemon slices and fill the inside with the parsley and the garlic cut in slices. Sprinkle the trout with olive oil.
- Wrap each trout into parcels and staple the parchment paper with a paper stapler.
- Cook in a hot oven at 180 C for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime boil some basmati rice.
- Serve the trout immediately with the rice, seasoning with some olive oil, lemon juice and sesame seeds.