This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This trout recipe is very easy to make, I used to make it quite frequently when I wanted something light and delicious to eat.
It was by chance that I cooked it for Robert one day in Milan, and that was it! I had him hooked, we have been married for 19 years.
That is why this trout dish is our favourite St Valentine’s meal.
📋 Trout in a parcel
- Cut a parchment sheet large enough to wrap the trout and lay it on 3 slices of freshly cut lemon.
- Season the trout with salt and pepper.
- Lay the trout on top of the lemon slices and fill the inside with the parsley and the garlic cut in slices. Sprinkle the trout with olive oil.
- Wrap each trout into parcels and staple the parchment paper with a paper stapler.
- Cook in a hot oven at 180 C for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime boil some basmati rice.
- Serve the trout immediately with the rice, seasoning with some olive oil, lemon juice and sesame seeds.