This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I made this zucchini recipe pasta and ricotta when I went to the market in Ventimiglia and found the first zucchini Trombetta of the season.
The zucchini Trombetta are long and curved zucchini shaped like a trumpet and they are typical of the Italian Ligurian region.
They are crunchy and have a distinctive flavour and if you want to know more about it you can read my article:
The Amazing Zucchini Trombetta Albenga
In the article, you will find additional zucchini recipes and you can make them with any regular zucchini.
If I cannot find zucchini Trombetta, I always buy small zucchini as they have fewer seeds and they are not too watery.
If you want to know more about unusual Italian vegetables, you can find the video of my morning trip to Ventimiglia market here below:
Zucchini Recipe Pasta And Ricotta
- 4 zucchini
- 9 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb pasta I am using the wheels
- 1 tbsp salt for the pasta
- 1 tsp salt for the zucchini
- black pepper
- Cut the zucchini into round slices
- Cut the garlic and stir-fry with butter and olive oil
- Add the zucchini
- Stir-fry until golden
- In the meantime boil the pasta
- Mix the zucchini with the ricotta adding 2 tbsp of water from the pasta boiling to soften the ricotta
- When the pasta is ready, drain it and add it to the zucchini. Season with some parmesan and serve immediately