This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A homemade chicken soup can warm up any cold winter evening.
If you have frozen chicken stock, you can prepare it in no time.
Homemade Chicken Soup
- 2 leeks
- 2 carrots
- 2 zucchini
- 1 boiled chicken see chicken stock recipe
- 1 cube of chicken stock
- 2 cup homemade chicken stock see chicken stock recipe
- 2 cup fresh water
- 10 oz Italian Pastina
- prepare chicken stock as from recipe Chicken stock
- Add whatever vegetables I have in the fridge
- Usually I add onions or leeks, carrots, zucchini. Dice them all into small cubes and toss them into the stock.
- let it boil for 10 minutes
- add Pastina and shredded chicken meat for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- season with some extra virgin olive oil