This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This is a dark chocolate mousse easy to make, no cream only eggs, butter and sugar if you like sweet. If you like dark chocolate like me, forget the sugar. Dark, smooth and chocolaty.
This mousse is perfect for dinner parties as you can prepare ahead of time and keep it in the fridge ready to serve.
It uses raw eggs, and if you are concerned about Salmonella you can buy pasteurised ones.
I use raw eggs when a recipe requires them but always taking precautions.
I buy eggs in reliable supermarkets and I wash them with soap before using them.
It reduces the risk of infection by contamination.
You can find more information about using raw eggs in the recipes here:
This chocolate mousse is easy to serve.
I often make this mousse when entertaining as it doesn’t require a lot of work and can be arranged directly into the serving cups.
Because it is very rich, you just need a small amount per person.
I use small digestive wine glasses.
It is perfect served with fruits as the sweetness of the fruits complements the bitterness of the dark chocolate.
I like to use fruits that are in season and since I am making it for Valentine I used mandarins.
It is great with any berries, kiwi or even tropical fruits like mangoes or papaya.
📋 A Chocolate Mousse Easy To Make
- Melt the chocolate with butter in the microwave at medium power for 2 minutes
- Separate the egg yolks from the white
- Once the chocolate is melted and cooled down, add the sugar and the egg yolks. Do not add the egg yolks when the chocolate is still hot otherwise they will curdle.
- Whip the egg whites until firm. They must be at room temperature and you can add a pinch of salt for better results.
- Gently fold the egg whites with the chocolate. First, combine 2 tbsp spoon of egg whites and once the mix becomes softer and loose add the remaining.
- Pour the mousse into a serving bowl or into small single portions cups. Keep the portions small as the mousse is very rich. Let it rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Decorate with seasonal fruit and serve