This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I could call this recipe chicken alla cacciatora but since I am adding and changing ingredients I will call it Italian chicken with peppers.
The cooking procedure is the same however, I am adding Marsala instead of wine and red peppers instead of tomatoes, which add a sweet taste and complete the dish.
As a side dish, you can serve baked potatoes or pilaf rice, something that will soak those juices full of flavour.
When to serve it
You can prepare it for a family meal, or for a dinner party as long as you are sitting at the table. You need
If you are planning a dinner menu, you can serve a soup or minestrone as a starter.
Best meat to use
It calls for a whole chicken cut into pieces. Don’t substitute with deboned chicken breast because the bones add flavour to the sauce.
My favourite piece is chicken thigh as it is juicier than the breast. That works fine for my family as my husband like breasts. However, if I had to choose I would make this Italian chicken with pepper using only chicken thighs.
As a matter of interest, I always cut my meat over a dedicated fish board as it is more hygienic.
I use an Index Chopping Board Set you can find on Amazon (affiliate link)
Each board is colour coded and has a symbol indicating its use e.g. meat (red), fish (blue), vegetables (green), and cooked food (white).
Here are more of my favourite kitchen tools
Produkte von Amazon.de‹ ›
Italian Chicken with Peppers
- 1 chicken
- 2 red peppers
- 1 onion
- 1 celery
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine or white wine
- salt and pepper
- Cut the chicken into 6 parts and separate the wings from the breast. Do not use deboned chicken as the bones add flavour to the dish
- Clean and slice the onion and the celery
- stir-fry with olive oil
- Add the chicken and stir until brown evenly
- Pour 1/2 cup of Marsala or white wine and let it evaporate for few minutes
- Add the peppers cut in long strips and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 40 minutes. Add some parsley or basil for decoration.