This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This potato salad mayonnaise is a great side dish for barbecued meat, fresh and with a tangy flavour of a raw red onion and mustard.
If you want to keep it simple, use store-bought mayonnaise, otherwise, you can make mayonnaise at home and you will find here the recipe:
I serve it with roasted vegetables, or peppers and tabbouleh.
If you want to know more about side dishes for barbecue read the article:
7 Vegetarian side dishes for a stress-free party
Potato Salad Mayonnaise
- 4 medium charlotte Potatoes
- 1/2 red Onion
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 tsp original English mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or your can use homemade mayonnaise
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
- salt & pepper
- Wash and boil the potatoes in salted water (1 tablespoon of coarse salt) for 20 minutes. You can pierce them with a knife to check if they are cooked. The knife should go through the potato smoothly. Do not cook them too much otherwise they will mash when stirring the salad. Once they are done, let them cool.
- In the meantime prepare the dressing mixing the mustard, the mayonnaise and the lemon juice.
- Once cold peel and cut the potatoes in half. Add chive and onion and mix with the dressing. Adjust salt and pepper if necessary
Recipes you might also like
For more vegetarian recipes, check out the category: Mediterranean Vegetables & Fruits
Also check the recipes below:
This recipe is included in the challenge: 7 Vegetarian Side-dishes for a Stress-free Party