No, there is no frosting on my carrot cake.
Frankly I found the frosting too sweet and carrots are so sweet already.
This cake has a nice crunchy, buttery, nutty crust, why covering it with mushy frosting?
For instructions on recipes template see post: Food Madness: Digital & Apps
For measurement conversions see post: How much is a Cup in grams and the most useful cooking conversions
- 185 gr good quality butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots about 3 large carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 package Baking Powder or yeast for cakes
- 1 1/2 tsp mixed spices (alternative 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp minced cloves and 1/4 of nutmeg))
With an electrical blender, whip the butter (room temperature) with the sugar until it becomes creamy.
- Add the 3 eggs, one at the time
- Mix the grated carrots with the chopped walnuts
- Add to the mixture.
- Add the flour sifted with the yeast and the spices.
- Butter and flower a rectangular baking tin. Pour in the cake batter and cook for 1 hr at 180C.
- Once the cake is ready, let it cool down for 10 minutes before turning it over on to a rack – then let it cool completely.
- It will keep nice and moist for 3 days.
Calories 396 calories per serving
Fat 23 gr per serving
Carbohydrates 49 gr per serving
Cholesterol 95 mg
Proteins 6 gr per serving
Sugar 32 gr per serving
Sodium 39 mg per serving
Nutritional information is provided for general purpose only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
PIN FOR LATER: