No, there is no frosting on my carrot cake.
Frankly I found the frosting too sweet and carrots are so sweet already.
This cake has a nice crunchy, buttery, nutty crust, why covering it with mushy frosting?
For instructions on recipes template see post: Food Madness: Digital & Apps
For measurement conversions see post: How much is a Cup in grams and the most useful cooking conversions
- 185 gr good quality butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots about 3 large carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 package Baking Powder or yeast for cakes
- 1 1/2 tsp mixed spices (alternative 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp minced cloves and 1/4 of nutmeg))
With an electrical blender, whip the butter (room temperature) with the sugar until it becomes creamy.
- Add the 3 eggs, one at the time
- Mix the grated carrots with the chopped walnuts
- Add to the mixture.
- Add the flour sifted with the yeast and the spices.
- Butter and flower a rectangular baking tin. Pour in the cake batter and cook for 1 hr at 180C.
- Once the cake is ready, let it cool down for 10 minutes before turning it over on to a rack – then let it cool completely.
- It will keep nice and moist for 3 days.
Calories 396 calories per serving
Fat 23 gr per serving
Carbohydrates 49 gr per serving
Cholesterol 95 mg
Proteins 6 gr per serving
Sugar 32 gr per serving
Sodium 39 mg per serving