This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This carrot cake with walnuts is perfect for picnics, it is easy to carry and mess free!
This recipe combines the crunchiness of the carrots and the walnuts with a moist batter.
No, there is no frosting on my carrot cake.
Frankly I found the frosting too sweet and carrots are so sweet already.
This cake has a nice crunchy, buttery, nutty crust, why covering it with mushy frosting?
To bake the carrot cake I use a rectangular Loaf Tin aluminium 28 cm
If you are interested in my favourite baking kitchen items you can visit the page : My Baking Tools And Utensils
Carrot Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup good quality butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots about 3 large carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 package Baking Powder or yeast for cakes
- 1 1/2 tsp mixed spices (alternative 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp minced cloves and 1/4 of nutmeg))
- With an electrical blender, whip the butter (room temperature) with the sugar until it becomes creamy.
- Add the 3 eggs, one at the time
- Mix the grated carrots with the chopped walnuts
- Add to the mixture.
- Add the flour sifted with the yeast and the spices.
- Butter and flower a rectangular baking tin.Pour in the cake batter and cook for 1 hr at 180C.
- Once the cake is ready, let it cool down for 10 minutes before turning it over on to a rack – then let it cool completely.
- It will keep nice and moist for 3 days.